Thursday, October 05, 2006

All coached up and ready to roll...

Met with my coach this morning after a good swim team workout to start on my year training and race plan leading up to Ironman and I'm all charged up...since I received an extra helping of the "Planning Gene" at birth (when they gave me 2 left brain halves taped together and had me skip the right brain line at the checkout altogether), seeing a year's worth of concrete details and a neat-and-tidy plan on a piece of paper makes me quite happy. In addition, I have to/get to do a running AT (anaerobic threshold) test tomorrow...I know my AT for biking, but not for running, so this will fuel my detail and numbers fire for planning all kinds of structured workout activities that require minimal creativity/guesswork. Whoo-hoo! Numbers! Details! Chop- chop! I was telling Jeff yesterday on a nice bike ride (gorgeous sunny afternooon in Snohomish/Everett) that I really admire and respect creative-zen types (such as Tatyana, see her blog for definition of what I mean)...I like having those people in my life and really appreciate them...but I'm wired SO differently. It's interesting. Anyway...

Since my running is coming up, the Seattle half marathon (Nov. 26) is now on the radar as a possible "C" level race (i.e. do it dang slow and maybe even practice walking), with the Tucson half marathon remaining an "A" two weeks afterwards on Dec 10. I've always coveted the very-popular long sleeved dri-fit shirts they give out at the Seattle Half (Seujan has enough of them to have one for every day of the week, I think), so the idea is gaining appeal...will decide on that one within the next month.

In unrelated news, I caved and bought some new shoes for work/winter earlier this week...however, I can't bring myself to put on shoes requiring socks for anything other than biking and running yet. I'm holding on and wearing my chaco sandals for the gazillionth day in a row again today...long live visible pedicures and summer shoes. I am hanging on as long as possible!!

No comments: