Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sun victorious over fog...

Today started out cold and foggy... the forecast was for "morning fog, turning sunny..." but the cold fog crap lasted till noon. My cranky meter was in the red danger zone for several hours as we waited for decent biking conditions...but finally my hero, the yellow orb, made its appearance, burning off the fog in the sky and the bad mood in my immediate radius. Seujan (still willing to ride with me despite my bad attitude all morning) and I headed to Marymoor with our bikes for a nice fall ride. We did the new Tour de Cure 44 mile route...2,270 ft. of elevation gain...in just under 3 hours. A perfect ride with some great fall color. Got in a good ride, but we didn't kill ourselves. Exactly what I needed...tomorrow is my long run day and the plan is to do 13 miles.

Haven't posted since Tuesday...quick week training re-cap:

Wednesday: Morning Swim Team (3300 yards), 30 minute easy Greenlake run after work
Thursday: Morning Torture, I mean Tempo Run, again in the dark: 10 min. warm up, 35 minutes hard (154-162 HR including one outer greenlake in 25:35 or so), 10 min. cool down
Friday: Swim team (3000 yards), lifted weights at lunch

No comments: