Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Searching for daylight...

6:30 a.m., dark, raining, 45 degrees, did I mention DARK...perfect conditions to run intervals...NOT. I just couldn't face going to the track this morning and went to the gym for my run instead. My HR monitor continues to be possessed, the one on the treadmill was also way off and not in synch with mine, and my ipod went on strike completely. It was not my best interval workout, but despite the lame-ass technology (only closed captions on the stupid gym TV sets, too), I think I did something that loosely approximated what I was supposed to do. It was still barely daylight when I got done and it's probably good that I didn't slop around in the dark on the muddy track.

One mile warm up
2 x 400
2 x 800
2 x 1200 (treadmill speed said 6:58 min/mile pace, but I know the treadmill isn't as hard as real running and I was not really running that fast).
One mile cool down

Got in a good lift at lunch. I think the hamstrings are coming along slowly...

No comments: