Thursday, October 12, 2006

Good day at the office...

Because I wasn't there! Today after the morning swim team workout, I worked more on the Tour de Cure route...the best way possible, on my bike. I rode 60 miles of what might become the 70ish mile route and discovered that maps are nice, but they hide hills a little too well. I knew about a few of them, but the entire 60 miles ended up having 3,400 ft. of elevation gain and I got a good butt-kicking. I'm not sure we can charge people money to do this route! At one point, I saw a steep ugly hill coming up on 3 Lakes Road between Snohomish and Monroe (and I'm usually a big fan of hills) and said out loud, "Holy F$(#!" Actually, there was a good bit of swearing over the course of the day...however, I was MORE than happy to be out in the sun and working while getting in a great ride. The toughest day in the saddle is still better than the best day in the office! The fall weather has been beautiful and I'm maximizing it before the rain and dark take over all too soon.

Tatyana and I swam in the lake last night (October 11 in Lake Washington!!) at sundown and that was GREAT, too. We lasted 40 minutes and weren't even the only wackos out there...we saw 3 more swimmers at Madison Beach. I was good and cold afterwards, but god bless neoprene and the faithful water heater in our condo...hypothermia was averted and eventually I could feel my feet again.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a 5 mile tempo run and I'm also seeing my hero, Erik the PT, to talk about winter strength training and some knee issues I had this summer from my bad biking form...I'm pretty beat after 3 doubles days in a row, but I'll probably run in the morning before I'm awake enough to know what's happening.

No comments: