Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What It Takes

So this new Ironman DVD just came out about 4 Ironman Champs called "What It Takes." http://www.witmovie.com/ I'd seen some ads for it and was waiting for it to come out...so as soon as the "alert" hit my Inbox, I speedily clicked to the web site to get my copy. Can't wait to see exactly what it takes (other than $30 on my Visa) and size up whether or not I'll have it in about 10 months from now. (I think there should be a Visa Ironman ad, by the way: Wetsuit: $500, running shoes: $100, Bike: Too many thousand dollars, 10 Powerbars a week: $15, Chamois butter: $10, Inspirational video: $30, Ironman Finisher T-Shirt: Priceless....).

Lately in our household "what it takes" is a damn lot of food...we've both been eating like horses and I think (hope!) it's the increased running mileage. I did a tempo run this morning, followed by the usual trough sized bowl of cereal...snack mid morning...then went to lift weights before lunch. I had to visit my gym locker midway through my workout for half a powerbar as I was so hungry I felt almost shaky. Long live metabolism (and I'm hoping that's what it is and not "pre- hibernation- winter's coming" appetite)!

Anyway...latest training details for the record:
Monday: Swam 3,050 at Swim Team, 45 minute spin class, Avg HR = 139

Today: Tempo run: 11 min warmup downhill to Greenlake, 32 minutes at 158-162 HR (did outer loop of Greenlake in 26:47), 12 minute walk/jog uphill cooldown. Total: 55 minutes.

Lifted: Regular upper body stuff...just added the hamstring stuff Erik prescribed on Friday after his assessment that my hamstring strength is pitiful (as I'd predicted).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you serving popcorn with the movie?

Anyway, I'll spoil the ending for you... you have it all right now and you don't need to wait 10 months to find out.