Wednesday, November 08, 2006

All coached up again...

Seujan and I went to meet with Cheryl, our coach, this morning. Seujan thought that we were "in trouble," but actually it was just a check-in and we're both pretty well on-track. I got in trouble for not having a better hydration strategy on long runs (and I thought my stop-at- drinking-fountains thing was working pretty well...busted), so I may actually carry some water on the long one this weekend.

The main result of the meeting is that I have goal times in writing for the Seattle Half marathon ("C") race and the Tucson Half Marathon ("A"). I guess this means I'm committed as writing things down somehow makes them real. The problem is that I prefer to under-promise and over-deliver (in training and in life). I think these are realistic, but I don't think I can over-deliver too much on them:

11/26/07: Seattle Half Marathon Goal = 2:05 (9:32 avg. mile pace)
12/10/07: Tucson Half Goal = 1:55 (8:47 min/mile pace)

I ran an easy Greenlake this morning (29 min.) and swam 2800m at lunch again. Had my own lane, got a good swim.

1 comment:

Mkkol said...

Keep up the good work but ALWAYS carry water. I've never done a marathone but I do have 6 years humping a ruck in the army and I've done the Army ten mile race up in washington. Once you become a heat casualty it is easier for it to happen again for the rest of your life. Even in cold weather you need to stay hydrated. Thats my mantra I would say to my soldiers.