Saturday, November 04, 2006

Growing flippers

I bought myself some new running shoes about 3 weeks ago, but have not yet used them...I keep waiting for a not-rainy day so I they don't look like crap already on their very first voyage. Yeah, right. I think I may have to just suck it up and get the new shoes dirty as there's no end in sight to the rain. I think we're all growing flippers.

Got in another short double yesterday (EZ 3 mile run a.m. around greenlake, swam at lunchtime) and due to a work-related event on Thursday night, work was over at noon yesterday, giving me all afternoon to leisurely buy groceries at Whole Foods and then cook while blasting my ipod for a few hours. My favorite kind of afternoon...I was happier than a pig in...um, a happy pig place.

Today was long run day...Seujan went out for 18 miles and I did 10ish (1:37:30). I decided to just enjoy the fall color and schlep through the (constant) rain and a few hills at a relaxed pace with no fast mile in the middle or at the end...I busted it enough this week and running should be fun on occasion, right? I did my Lake Union- up Eastlake and the Howe St. stairs- to 10th- through Interlakken- back on Boyer loop...I love running through Interlakken and it was an enjoyable, albeit soggy run. I felt good, kept the HR mostly in the 130's, and both SJ and I got our running in before the "wind and storm advisory" scheduled for this afternoon started kicking up. All those pretty leaves will be blown off the trees today, I think, and they may take some branches with 'em.

There might be a small window of opportunity for a bike ride in between storms tomorrow morning...but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: