Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fun with numbers...

My friend, Erin, told me this week about this website: www.mapmyrun.com. I'm hooked. Not only will it map out running or cycling distances (already worth it to visit), but check out the cool calculator on the left...gives you avg. pace, mph, and calories burned. And the numbers it generates are more favorable than my HR monitor, making me like it even more. I mapped out my tempo run route today and was able to compare my pace for the last 6 weeks on the same course. Looks like my speed range for a 3.2 - 3.8 mile tempo run has ranged from an 8:03 to 8:29 minute mile...today's tempo torture run was at an 8:22 mile pace. This website will continue to bring hours of fun number crunching, I'm sure.

Today's tempo run was OK...felt my legs a bit from 2 spin classes this week, but survived.

Yesterday's workouts:
2950 yard swim at swim team
44 min. spin class at lunch (avg. HR 137)

Today's workouts:
Tempo run: 10:45 min. warm up, 31:45/3.8 miles hard (HR = 153 - 163), 14 min uphill home.
Total = 6.06 miles

No comments: