Thursday, November 23, 2006

Tryptophan happiness

We started Thanksgiving by sleeping in then running intervals...nothing like a turkey trot to start a good holiday! Fortunately for me, it's a taper week and I only had to do 6 x 400 at the track which was almost fun compared to recent interval workouts. Although my legs were a bit tired on my cooldown, it was a good workout and I held all of the 400's between 1:45 - 1:47, so I was happy with it. The next 2 days will be swimming only before the race on Sunday...will go to the Expo tomorrow to pick up my number and we'll probably take our little sister to see "Happy Feet."

With the exception of some dinner rolls that behaved as if I hadn't included yeast and got tossed and replaced by a last minute Safeway run by Seujan late in the game, Thanksgiving was a success...2 days of cooking produced a good mountain of food and lots of leftovers, so I can be lazy for a few days. The brined turkey turned out well, Seujan's cranberry martinis were a hit, Stacey helped us figure out gravy production, and I somehow managed to not eat(or drink) to the point of being stuffed and in pain. Seemed our guests were happy with the day, too. Good holiday!

Yesterday's workouts:
3000 yd. swim at swim team
30 min. Greenlake run
Lifted weights
(and cooked 3 pies, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole!)

Today:
18 min warm up run
6 x 400 (1:45 - 1:47 for each)
18 min cool down run

No comments: