Wednesday, May 09, 2007

First century of 2007

With only 10 days until the Tour de Cure, I wanted to ride the century route to make sure it was really the right distance...we've made a lot of changes to it, so I had the excuse to get in a long ride on a sunny day. I also needed to take some photos of the rest stops, etc., so it really was a credible day at work on the bike. This was my first century of the year and it was definitely a LONG ride and lots of hills. I was dragging a bit in the middle, but felt pretty good at the end...I've been eating a lot on the bike lately and I think it really does make a difference. Doesn't seem to matter, though, for the after-ride appetite...Despite the 1,200+ calories I took in during the ride, I wanted to eat my weight in cheese by the time I got through traffic and got home. And I was pretty wiped. Fortunately, Seujan took over dinner prep (dinner did not end up being entirely cheese) and let me take a long shower and be a vegetable on the couch.

My hips and hamstring have been pretty happy this week...with the half marathon coming up this Sunday, the running has been short and less intense the last 10 days or so, and I feel almost normal and pain-free. I did see a new PT yesterday (insurance bullshit has made me re-locate), but he wasn't that impressive and didn't have much to say about how to deal with it, etc...but at least I have a new clinic for the rest of the summer when I need it.

No comments: