Thursday, May 03, 2007

Me and eminem?

I love the theme song from the eminem movie, "8 mile" and it's an ipod favorite for the gym...definitely a good psych up song. Anyway, today I happened to run 8 miles for my long run of the week...backing down this week to prep for the May 13 half marathon. I'm happy to report that an 8 mile run now feels like a SHORT long run. I took the luxury option today and slept in--over an hour past the time Seujan got up and went to swimteam...then ran from the office during an early lunch break. Nice to change up the route and I went through my favorite street, Interlakken, back down Boyer to get a pedestrian level view of the University Bridge situation on Eastlake (lots of worker bees, traffic not allowed on the bridge, big mess..."sink hole de mayo" as I saw on the news). Anyway, I went a little faster than usual...it was fine with me to cut it at 8 miles, but I felt strong throughout.

Total:
8.15 miles
1:14:24
Avg HR = 142
Max HR (on a hill) = 158

No comments: