Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back in the saddle...

Feeling pretty dang successful at the moment...not only did I survive the rest of Friday the 13th relatively unscathed (well, except for going right by Safeco during rush hour before a Mariner's game, but that all seems like such a long time ago now...), Seujan and I had a really good bike ride today. The task was 40 miles with a 10 mile time trial inserted somewhere. We started in Montlake and rode down to Lake Washington...both of us had about a 6 mile warm up and then did our own time trial on Lake WA Blvd....Seujan wanted to insert the upper hilly part of Seward Park, but I was all about my aerobars and flat-o-rama, so we each did our own thing and then rode the south end of the lake together. I hadn't done a TT like this before and I actually kind of liked it---way more fun than a tempo run, although it's kind of the same thing, I guess. Anyway, I stayed right at AT the whole time and could feel that it was exactly AT, which was kind of cool if you like the whole physiology thing (which I do)...my legs were exactly at a low burn the whole time, but it was a pace I could just sustain. We did the 25 miles after at a decent pace, but didn't push it too much...both of us could definitely feel our legs on the short hills at the end. Mission accomplished and now it's weekend...we have enough energy to go OUT to a movie! Go figure.

Summary:
6 mile warm up
10 mile TT:
140 Avg HR
30:51

44 miles total
2:52
Avg. pace overall 15.3

No comments: