Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday hills

This morning was a hill repeat run. I chose a different hill this time, the one at Lower Woodland from the tennis courts up to the picnic pavillion area (pavement, not through the trails). It was a serious butt kicker (literally, butt muscle continues to be more verbal than I'd like to listen to...). I did 8 of them, all between 1:26 - 1:30. I was feeling pretty good about it until I read an article called "Run Hills, Run Fast" on the Triathlete magazine site
http://www.triathletemag.com/Departments/Training/2007/Run_hills__race_fast.htm#
that included this ego smasher, "Once you’ve done 15 X 2:00 of a tough hill, one minute of climbing a similar incline in a race will feel easy."

OK, it won't be easy for a while, I guess.

I practiced the run/walk thing on the way back, running 5 minutes and walking 1 minute.

I also won't plan to have Stellar Pizza as a pre-race meal, by the way...had a bit of a garlic hangover this m0rning and was pretty thirsty.

I'm thankful that Seujan qualified for the Boston Marathon, but chose not to do it this year. Sounds like those runners are sloshing around in abysmal conditions right now...

Summary:

20 min warm up (2ish miles)
8 x hill repeats 1:26 - 1:30 (HR 161-165)
21 minute run/walk cool down (2ish miles)
Total:
1:10
6ish (?) miles

No comments: