Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One step forward, one step back...

There was a small quad explosion after that hill workout on Monday...I was good and sore...still feeling the last bit of it today.

Yesterday I had a great tough 3300 yd. swimteam workout in the morning (9 x 200's-whew) and then had a super lousy bike workout after work. I didn't want to go...it just felt like a hassle to get all my crap together and get out there and I just wasn't feeling it. But there was actually some sunshine and it wasn't an optional bike day, so I dragged my ass out. Even on the new bike, it wasn't fun. I was supposed to do 8 x 2 min hard/2 recovery...I made it through 6 of them, but just didn't have it mentally or physically and called Seujan for a scoop. The crappiest part was on the first interval when I was sprinting as fast as I could go, in my drops, and 2 separate dudes passed me in cruise mode. AUGH... and my bad attitude plummets further...

Anyway, Seujan was nice enough to pick me up, drive me home, and listen to my very convincing impersonation of a pouty 5 year old in near-tantrum mode----which, by the way, I was completely aware of and apologetic for, but needed to be irrational and cranky anyway ("I hate the wind, I hate it when it's cold, I didn't even want to come out here, I hate how much of a hassle it is to work all day and then get all my crap together to bike after work, there's not enough time in the day, my legs are beat from hills yesterday, I hate it when dudes drop my ass on the bike, I just want to go home and eat warm food and watch crap TV... ") I decided to rearrange the rest of my week a little as a result of yesterday afternoon. I was supposed to do my long run today, but my legs have lobbied for tomorrow instead. I listened for a change and went to swimteam this morning instead...this proved to be a good decision as I wanted some LSD in the pool and Emily made the main set 1,000 yards for time...exactly what I wanted. I also found the sweats I'd forgotten yesterday after workout in the same locker where I'd left them.

Summary of last night's sucky bike ride:

17 miles
1:09
6 x 2 min hard/2 min recovery (HR up to 144-150, but could only reach 150 on one of them)

No comments: