Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back on track...

Back in the pool this morning and swimming was the regular amount of fun again...the main sets were as hard as usual, but I was into it again. Not sure what was going on last week, but hopefully it was just a blip on the radar. I am definitely looking forward to lake swimming (is it summer yet?), but pool workouts are OK, too. Anyway, did the usual 3,000 yards this morning before meeting with the coach for a check-in and preliminary plan for the next several weeks' training.

This afternoon was an interval bike workout...I wasn't that enthusiastic about it and was waffling about indoor vs. outdoor. I rallied a bit of a good attitude and started to get ready to take the new bike down to Lk. Wa Blvd., when I noticed the rain on the windows...nope, not doing it. Got out the old bike again and put it on the trainer for what turned out to be a good workout...was definitely glad I did it. As soon as I was done, Seujan came home from HER was-gonna-be-an outdoor ride and took over the "spin room," with her rollers before dinner. I can barely remember what the hell I did before I had that trainer...oh yeah, let my biking slide or did time in bad spin classes.

Summary:

15 min Warm up
4 x 3 minutes hard (up to 145-148 bpm)/3 minutes recovery
2 x 2 minutes hard (up to 150)/2 minutes recovery
2 x 1 minute hard/1 minute recovery
15 minutes moderate
Total time: 1:05
Avg. HR: 130

No comments: