Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

It started off nice enough...Seujan talked me into sleeping in (bless her heart) and we skipped swimteam, had coffee, and carpooled into work. Then I got to work and spent the first hour on the phone with the Helpdesk as, first of all, my computer died beyond rescusitation efforts, resulting in a new hard drive being ordered...then, two other workstations in the office were in solidarity with the dead machine and didn't want to play with me either, resulting in further helpdesk conversations until I could access the network.

Went to the gym for a mediocre workout (3.5 miles on the treadmill --thank god for "Ellen" as I wasn't feeling inspired at all--and swam a mile for time). I'm glad I got through it, but I was operating at my "Friday dragging-ass intensity" of late. I then had to hurry back for a trip to our storage unit with Mark, the "sign guy" from my event committee, to get some materials. We got to the storage unit and couldn't access the building. "There's a problem with your account, come to the office," the voice in the speaker box said. We then got to experience the wrath of the storage building manager regarding the fact that our account is past due, somebody else from our office left a heap of trash by the locked dumpster earlier this week, and nobody from our office has returned the manager's call regarding the trash or the past due bills (which, btw, are only 50% of what regular customers pay since we're a non-profit, making us an even larger source of frustration for this poor guy)...none of which had anything to do with me. This situation allowed me to flex my customer service background and apologize profusely. About 30 minutes after we returned to the office, Mark called to tell me my cell phone is in his truck; he, of course, went back to work. Sigh.

It is only 3:00 p.m., meaning Friday the 13th is only 5/8 finished. I usually don't believe in this crap, but there is a small black cloud following me today. I am counting the minutes until Happy Hour and can't wait to go home tonight to see which major appliance is leaking or dysfunctional...

Anyway, back to what matters which is my training. Yesterday was a triple with swimteam in the morning, weight training at lunch, and I got in a ride to Seward Park (25 miles) after work. I waffled for a good bit of time about whether to ride (51 degrees and gray, will it rain? My usual), but SJ had gone out with a co-worker, so I figured I should do it, too. Got to ride the new bike and didn't use a HR monitor, just rode. I didn't kill myself (avg. 13.9 mph), but legs were a little heavy this morning, anyway.

Yesterday:

Swam 3200
Lifted
Biked 25 miles
1:47
Avg. speed 13.9

Today:

Ran 3.5 miles treadmill
33:30
Avg. HR = 136

Swam 2000m
1600m (1 mile): 25:22

No comments: