Monday, April 30, 2007

"Here's where you grow..."

I remember running with one of my professors (who was also the women's basketball coach) in college and being toward the end of a longer run (for me, at the time, it was maybe about 4 miles instead of the usual 3). I was dragging a bit and I remember her saying, "Here's where you grow..." That thought pops into my head from time to time toward the end of a long run or on the last few laps of an interval workout...it has always stayed in the back of my mind and it's a good one for the mantra arsenal. Anyway, I felt really good during this morning's interval run, but I did think of MaryAnn saying "Here's where you grow..." on the last couple of 400's and tried to finish strong.

It's a gorgeous day and rain is predicted the rest of the week, so I think I'm going to "carpe diem" my schedule a little and swap tomorrow's aerobic bike with today's gym/weights. Can't let that good sunshine go to waste.

Today's run:

2 mile warm up (19 min)
2 x 800: 3:34 and 3:41
4 x 400: 1:43, 1:41, 1:42, 1:44 (HR up to 168 on these)
2 mile moderate/cool down

Total: 6+ miles
Approx. 1 hour

No comments: