Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ah, weekend

No alarm, no Saturday work-related activities, time to caffeinate and make waffles and scones, an overdue massage...ah, weekend. Not too sure why, but last week's training schedule seemed to kick my butt so I'm very appreciative of the weekend this week.

Yesterday's workout was supposed to be a 30 mile bike ride with two 5-mile time trials somewhere in the middle. I wanted to get the workout in with some time to spare before my 2:00 p.m. appointment in heaven i.e. a massage), and, as usual, things were wet and cold outside. I just couldn't get excited about that, so...back to the indoor trainer on the old bike. I hopped on the trainer just as Serina Williams was starting the second set of the final match in the Sony Erickson Open...again, Saturday sports TV saves the day. I improvised the prescribed workout a little and battled along with Serena, doing 4 x 10 minutes hard in between moderate 15-20 minute time chunks. Serina came from behind and beat Henin leaving me with about 30 more minutes to ride...I changed channels and-- timing couldn't have been better as I was losing my enthusiasm for the project --came upon the end of the Ironman 70.3 race. I then finished up the last few minutes with some show about the NCAA and whether football and basketball players should be paid, etc. etc....luckily, another topic that is immediately engaging to me and kept my interest all the way through. It wasn't exactly fun, but I got it done and I think it was close enough to what I was supposed to do.

After an overdue and wonderful massage (lots of work for the hip and my tight upper back), Seujan and I went to Home Depot for some little fix-it projects and then ate pizza on the couch with a DVD...perfect Saturday night!!

Today is a rest day with the usual grocery shop and an afternoon planned with Ja'Narah to color Easter eggs...and Seujan wielding a drill in the kitchen and installing some new cool stuff.

Yesterday's ride:

4 of the following:
5 min easy/moderate (HR 110-125)
15 min. aerobic (about 130 HR)
10 min. over AT (HR = 142 -148)

Total time: 2:05
Avg HR = 133

No comments: