Friday, April 06, 2007

Sunny Friday

It appears I haven't blogged all week...2 night meetings, 3 double workouts, and the regular attention to eating and sleeping seem to have taken priority.

Good training week this week...I've followed the coach-prescribed schedule pretty well including HR and distances, and although the schedule says "Base phase," I've had a few moments of thinking about how crazy the peak phase will be. I guess I will cross that bridge when we get to it...so far, so good. The hip is down below a dull roar, for the most part, and things are good.

Anyway, this week I moved the bike intervals from Tuesday to Thursday as Tuesday was a "Carpe Diem" sunny work-on-the-route day and I was able to ride 44 miles "on the clock." I made up for it, though, and did some bike intervals last night. There was a clusterf*&%! of bike traffic on Lake Wa. Blvd. as the racers were headed to Seward Park for the weekly crit, but I managed to fit in 6 x 2 minute intervals, albeit with rest times ranging from 1 to about 12 minutes. It was warm and riding with short sleeves and no jacket was GREAT.

I'm very infatuated with my new bike and I think it is likely to move past infatuation to full on true love. I'm very smitten and feel like a bit of a poser on a bike that I'm not quite worthy of (yet!). I didn't think my old bike was a bad partner, but compared to my old bike, this one brings me flowers, cooks me dinner, does the laundry, and says nice things to and about me. Every day. (Kind of like a 2-wheeled version of Seujan). I don't dare look up the blue book value on my 12 year old, 116k miles-on-it car, but I'm willing to bet that the bike has a higher market value. We are in the honeymoon phase, for sure.

Swimming has been a bit of a drag lately for some reason...it's OK, but I just haven't been as inspired as usual lately to do hard sets. Maybe it's because I'm doing more running and biking at high intensity, not sure. Today there was no swim team workout (closed for Good Friday), so I slept in, did a short Greenlake run this morning, and swam on my own at lunch. I dragged myself to the pool and did a mile straight, no sets, and a little kicking...just not very inspired and a little wiped from the week.

Tomorrow is a long ride/short run brick and the weather might actually allow for a full outdoor ride!! It's beautiful and WARM outside and the itinerary for the rest of today includes meeting Seujan after her first full week at her new job for an outdoor happy hour beer (or 2).

Yea for spring!!

No comments: