Thursday, February 14, 2008

BAH HUMBUG!!

Today is Valentine's Day... because I really need a holiday to remind me (in those 2-4 minutes of the day I'm not thinking about it already) that I'm relationship-impaired...thankyewverymuch. I've been waiting for a few weeks now for stupid cupid to get this day OVER with so I won't have to see/hear the hearts & flowers marketing barage anymore and we can move on to some holidays worth celebrating like...I don't know, spring solstice or oh yeah, Monday is President's Day and that's not too bad...I can celebrate some dead white guys by not working and being on my bike that day. That'll work. My non-Valentine's present to myself was joining Netflix yesterday. And when I got to work, the latest friend-recommended morale boosting book I ordered, "The Art of Possibility" had been delivered...perhaps the perfect thing to start later today.

Other than my afore-mentioned crankiness, I had a really good run this morning. I did the Lake Union + some of Boyer Street loop for a total of 7 miles again, like last Thursday, but in the opposite direction. The days are getting slightly longer -- I noticed that I had a bit more daylight this week...there is (literally) light at the end of the tunnel! Pretty sky, no rain, and I felt good...my hamstring was talking as soon as I started, I felt that new knee thing a tiny bit in the last mile, but the hip said nothing...woo-hoo!! I'll take it. During the run, I think I decided to forego the Pac Tour trip at the end of March...I really really want to go, but I'd rather pay it forward on vacation days and money and have some play options later in the summer...90% sure on that one.

7.o mile run
1:04:40
Avg HR = 143

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sVOoXIR6n9c&feature=related

Anonymous said...

Take some time to read back through your blog entries. Step back, look at the big picture, see where you've come. You have so much to offer. You're wonderful. Don't get down on yourself. You're okay. Just be.