Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Too much technology?

I slept in this morning... unheard-of for me on a weekday, but I have the "no bike trainer till 7:30 a.m." rule from the downstairs neighbor, I had the offer to do a Computrainer class this evening and, well, I was tired. I slept over 9 hours and I was still feeling a little slo-mo when I woke up, so hanging out for a couple hours with my coffee was a welcome luxury. I did weights midday and then went to try out the Computrainer class late this afternoon.

The workout was, well, disappointing. I think it was a combination of first-timer-figure-out-the-wattage and the dude underestimated bigtime, plus he thought that maybe the particular machine I was on wasn't "loading up" the workload correctly. Once, for about 30 seconds, it hit me like a ton of bricks, but the rest of the time it was so easy I could barely get my HR up...and, apparently, increasing cadence actually reduces the resistance, so I was pedalling faster and I kept hitting the "up" arrow to increase wattage, but...bottom line: wussy workout. Tim told me I'd done over 26 miles in the 50 minutes, but I was thinking, "Yeah, 26 miles coasting downhill..." Karen D., Ann J., and Ratna came in for the next session, so I chatted with them a bit, thought about trying to do their class with them, and then just bagged it. After how tired I was earlier today, an easy workout was OK and surprisingly, I'm over it. I might give it another shot next week, but...maybe not. TBD.

Computrainer class:
50 min
Avg HR = 126

No comments: