Friday, February 01, 2008

Love my lane-mates!

Despite a few adult beverages last night over dinner with my friend, Erin, at the "shoebox" (as I now affectionately refer to my living quarters), I was up before my alarm this morning and off to swim team. 3 of my lanemates have commented this week that they think I've gotten faster recently...I'm quite happy with this compliment, but not sure where it's coming from, except maybe that I'm pulling a little less weight through the water...or that my over-actively processing brain is transferring something to the rest of me. I keep hoping that whatever improvements are happening aquatically might also happen on the bike and running...and in that hope, I added a lunchtime spin class today that wasn't on the schedule. I still have to lift weights today, but I think I can still fit that in later. I was kind of thinking that today's spin class might be a little paying-it-forward to tomorrow because another long session on the bike trainer is likely... and I may be tempted to cut a little off of another 2 hour butt killing session. I'm hoping a miracle brings outdoor-bikeable weather or maybe the avalanches will have calmed enough that I can go skiing. TBD, but some kind of relevant training will occur tomorrow...

I had a really good PT appt., too, and the hip is doing pretty well. It was a little tight from yesterday's run, but not bad. I really like Wolf, the PT I'm finally working with, and the fact that he had his very sweet dog, an 8-month old lab, in the office made the appt. even more fun. The dog was uber-friendly and then just laid under the table while I got worked on. Wolf mentioned that he did a 17-mile run himself last weekend, so the empathy of a PT who's a real runner is good..he gets it. He says I can keep the weekly mileage the same (i.e. 10-12 miles) and either go to 3 days per week or keep it at 2 days and gradually increase the longer one like I've been doing. I think I'll opt for the 2x per week as I really want to get that longer run back up to 8-10 miles soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you say PT envy?!? :) Congrats on the run. I am still in a holding pattern until mid Feb. Enjoy!