Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday double

My good friend, Shemille, has mastered the art of relaxation and sedentary downtime...while this is probably a good influence on me --and I loved having her in town this weekend-- I did a bit more sitting around yesterday than I usually do, even for a rest day, and I was uncomfortably rested by last night. I was good 'n ready to hop out of bed at 5:00 this morning to get in my run before shuttling her to SeaTac. I did about 4.5 miles with 4 good hills (there are several good steep hills on the streets running east/west between 19th and 15th Ave on Cap Hill). I felt great and like I wanted to run a lot longer, but...I had limited time and it was supposed to be a 4 miler. Anyway, good start to the morning.

With some energy left to burn, I went to spin class at noon. Despite the appearance of the Monday instructor I usually don't like (she announces at the beginning of every class that "When I ask any question, the correct answer is, 'Whhheeeewwww!'" gawd, can I roll my eyes any higher?), I had a great workout. And I must admit that although I did NOT ever yell, "Whhheewwww" as cued way too many times, I liked her cheesy oldschool music and got a kick out of the class...I can't remember the last time I heard, "You dropped the bomb on me...baby!" but I must admit that I love that song and ramped my HR right up while trying not to actually sing. I was about to bail a couple minutes early, but who can truncate Sister Sledge...I mean, "We are Family" is a classic and gave me some good flashbacks of dancing at the old Timberline on 50 cent beers...went the whole 50 minutes and did a lot of sprints, exactly what I wanted.

Run Summary:
4.55 miles
44:20
4 hills on parallel streets (Garfield, 2x Galer, and Prospect)
Avg HR = 134
Max HR = 164

Spin Class:
50:00
Avg HR = 143
Max HR = 159

No comments: