Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How's your column?

Tatyana and I watched Ann's "Chi Running" DVD last night...lots of posture, body alignment stuff ("check your column," mine's not as columnal as it should be) and cerebralizing of running technique. I think I'm going to grab a few tips, but not try to become a complete disciple of this one...too many things to think about to do it all and I'm just not up for it (read: motivated enough to get the hip not to hurt, too lazy to think/change more than necessary).

Got up and went to the gym for weights and core first thing this morning...I don't usually like to lift in the morning, but it was good this time...I was mostly in my head with the ipod and processing some stuff with the weights moving in the background.

I brought my bike to work and went out at lunchtime to do hill intervals...another dry and pretty warm day so it was great to get outside and not onto a spin bike! Today's forgotten cycling accessory was gloves. It's always something, but of all the 9,352 things I could have forgotten, that one wasn't too awful on a 55 degree day.

I biked over to Interlaken, did 5 hills, then a loop around the arboretum, and one more of the hills so I could swoop by Nancy's house. She was working out with Cheryl, so I got to see them and chat for a minute before coasting back down the hill.

I kept myself in the saddle and the hill I did was .5 mile. I hit all 6 of the hills between 3:02 - 3:04 with recovery of 1:59-2:03...pretty consistent, so that was good...got up to 150+ bpm on each one. Nice day, good workout, though I would have liked to ride another hour or 2...

3 mile warm up
5x .5 mile hill:
3:02 (137 avg HR)
3:04 (141 avg)
3:03 (142 avg)
3:02 (143 avg)
3:04 (143 avg)
4 mile ride
1x hill: 3:04 (145 avg)
10 min easy

Total: 15 miles
1:05
Max HR = 155

No comments: