Thursday, January 31, 2008

A real run!

I ran Lake Union this morning...6 miles and I feel like I'm slowly getting back to "normal" running again. It was dark/early, and running through Interlaken or the Arboretum seemed a like a recipe for a faceplant and frustration, so I drove down to Boyer and ran from the bridge by Red Robin. Not a particularly eventful run, but no rain and did I mention my hip was OK????? It's a little tight now, but not bad...I have a PT appt. tomorrow and maybe I'll get the go-ahead soon to run 3x a week and build the mileage back up. A half marathon this spring before the HoNu Half Iron is still my off-the-record goal.

The run was the only workout of the day today and I have a lunch meeting, so I left for work this morning without a duffel bag or a lunch...completely wierd! And after a shower at home and a little time to actually dry my hair (can't remember the last time I did that on a work day), I had the very foreign feeling of a "normal" person...yikes.

Lake Union Run:

6 miles
54:29
Avg HR = 146

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... normal. That's it.