Thursday, July 17, 2008

Behind on posting again...

Whew, record keeping not happening on a daily basis these days...just the facts, then...

Tuesday...got in some weights and had a fun bike ride with HH around Mercer Island before book club. Being Ms. Mountain Biker, she humbled me on the hills...so much for being a good climber.

Wednesday was a really great lake swim to the yellow house in the morning with Tatyana, Rebecca, and Gary...a picture perfect morning and the water was glass. All was perfect until I locked my car key in the car after the swim...fortunately, I had the rest of my keys in my hand when I did it and Rebecca drove me home to get a spare key and back to Madison.

Later in the day, I got in some not-very-inspired speed work on the bike. The workout was 6 x 3 minutes hard with 1 minute recovery...after 3 of them, I was in the middle of Seward Park and took a longer rest interval, but otherwise, they were all as prescribed on the plan. Didn't have the legs to get my HR up as high as I shoulda, but did some decent work. The highlights of the workout were burning off a little work-related crankiness and then running into Tatyana and riding the last few miles chatting with her.

Bike Interval workout:

6 x 3 minutes: All Avg HR = 144ish, speed = 20.3 - 21.1

Slept in today after hosting a fun party on the roof of my building last night...still gotta do today's long run.

No comments: