Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tuesday hill repeats

I had a meeting this morning at 7:00, so there was no morning workout...HH was up early and came over for breakfast and then went to swim at the gym when I went to work (she did a mile so I think Troika can now be classifed as no problem). I got in some weights at lunchtime, but there was WAY too much sitting today and I was really jonesing to get out in the sun on my bike by the late afternoon. I decided to do tomorrow's hill repeats today...my legs needed it. I went down to Lake Washington and did Madrona 4 times. Then I went into Triumph Multisport to get my self-shifting bike looked at. The dude was great and fixed it right up...smoothe as silk again now, yea! It was a really perfect hot sunny day and I sort of wanted to stay on my bike for hours... I hurried home, though, because Chase had invited me over for dinner. We barbequed some chicken and had beers and a nice chat. Great summer evening!

Bike Hill repeats:

4 x Madrona (.85 mile)
5:22-5:33 each, all Avg HR = 147ish, Max HR = 158

Total : 1:17
17.6 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So was it a worn chain? Did the little screws on the back of your rear derailleur need adjusting? What was the problem? We had a gorgeous road ride yesterday but with a 20-mph headwind on the way home. Still, it was fabulous!