Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yesterday morning I was back in the pool and happy to find out that the same shoulders that felt like hamburger on Saturday had actually recovered...did the usual 3,000 yards including some fast stuff and they didn't hurt. Yea! Had a good swim with just Julie and me in the lane. Although the lake is my favorite, it's nice to be in the pool once a week, too.

Later in the day I got in some weights and then after work went for a 20 mile ride to Seward Park and back. When I got to Madrona on the way back, I ran into my friend, Peter, who I noticed in his new Tour de Cure jersey. He was riding the other way, but flipped his route and rode with me all the way home...great to chat with him and catch up. Then I ended the day lifeguarding HH so she could get in a swim at Seward Park. While watching her alternate between swimming toward Bellevue and swimming toward Lake Washington Blvd., I told her that maybe her new nickname could be "zigzag." She's kicking serious butt, though, in that lake, I gotta say.

Today was hill repeats on the bike...I did a quick warm up near the arboretum then did 8 repeats of the .5 mile Interlaken hill. I lost 1-2 seconds on each repeat, but was fairly consistent...they ranged from 2:55 - 3:10 and avg HR on each was 143-145. Good quick bike workout.

No comments: