Monday, July 21, 2008

Fat Salmon Report


Saturday was the annual Fat Salmon 3.2 mile swim. As always, it was one of my favorite races/events of the year, but this year I wasn't feeling like hammering it...just haven't been doing super long swims this year. I was happy with how I did and how I felt (1:37ish, a little slower than last year, I think) and it was super fun to have HH there before and after the swim and to be in the water with Tatyana, Rebecca, Gary, Robin, and several other of the usual suspects.

After Fat Salmon, my shoulders were both really hurting, so I popped 4 Advil (as prescribed by the nurse on duty, HH), then HH and I packed her Jeep to the gills and took off for a camping trip to Westport with a bunch of her friends. They had taken their surfboards to the coast and were a few hours ahead of us...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh GOD why didn't i think of doing that, popping a fist-full of aleve after the race. I guess I'll have to go back next year and do it right. Ruth, you're right, it was fun to be in the water with all our pals. Christ it's a long way...
times slower this year all around. yay us!