Monday, July 07, 2008

Is the weekend over already?

The rest of the weekend was super fun...spent the day with HH yesterday and the weekend was over way before I was interested in having it end, that's for sure. She proved that she wasn't just blowing smoke about doing Troika and registered for the race, so we had a little swim session at Madison Beach yesterday afternoon. She did great and once she gets her own wetsuit and a few more swims, she'll be golden...I can't wait to see how kick-ass her race will be, especially since she trains in total "play" mode with no gadgets: no watch, no HR monitor, no bike computer, no aerobars...pretty much no worries. Hanging out with her is a good time, for sure...

Today it was back to the usual double-monster Monday training routine and even though I love them, it was a little bit of a tough sell after a fun long weekend. Since we had no masters' swimming last week, it was the first day in the pool in at least 10 days and those few lake swims last week had me a little rusty...but it was good as always to be back in the lane with Julie and Karen and the workout was fine once we got going.

I had a tempo run to do today, too, and got it in around Lake Union at lunchtime. It was fun to be out in the sun on another gorgeous day...well, as much fun as a tempo run can be, anyway. I did a mile warm up, 4 miles hard, and a moderate mile warm down. It felt slow and pretty tough, but I was happily surprised when the gadget reported that I averaged about a 7:39 pace for the 4 tempo miles and hit the middle 4 miles in less than 31 minutes...sweet, I'll take it!

My theme song at the moment is "Life is a highway," the Rascal Flats version.

Swim: 3000 yards

Tempo run:
1 mile warm up: 8:56
4 miles Tempo: 30:38 (Avg pace 7:39/mile), Avg HR = 158, Max HR = 170
1 mile moderate: 8:43

Total: 6 miles: 48:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz.
got the new Sheryl Crow CD last week. (I know. I should just download from iTunes, but some aspects of the 20th century are hard for me to give up...) Lifted to it today. I mention it becuz you might find some theme songs from Sheryl if you haven't already taken a listen.
love, me