Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Missing some synapses

So I've had a lot of miscellaneous projects and stuff going on lately and have felt a little scattered...I realized that there are a lot of plates spinning when I sent an email to my Aunt and mentioned that the birthday card I'd just mailed to my dad would probably arrive a day or 2 late...and she wrote back and reminded me that his birthday is a month away...um, the beginning of August is tomorrow, not the end of it. WTF!? Whoa, some little neuron guys are running around in my head missing their synapses (or however all of that works).

Anyway...taper week continues. Apparently, nobody told my appetite to taper, though, as I'm (still) hungry all the time. HH thought she bought herself a box of nilla wafers today and yours truly (Hoover returns) snarfed half the box before she knew what happened. That was at lunchtime --after a turkey sandwich-- and by 3:30 I needed yet another feeding...

After work and the various quests for food throughout the day, I went down to Triumph to pick up my bike from its race tune up. I got there about 5:07 p.m. to discover that they close at 5:00 on Wednesdays (huh?). I completely threw myself at their mercy, begged longingly through the locked door, and thankfully, they opened the door and let me have my bike. Shew! I busted home, grabbed my stuff, and rode over to Greenlake to meet Cheryl's group for the Wednesday bike group...caught up with Nancy and Karen D. on the way over and rode with them. I wasn't feeling the need to kill myself AT ALL and just did a few 1-minute pick-ups as the group did hills over in Ballard. I rode about 25 miles total with the to/from, but most of it was pretty chill...good to spin a bit and the bike seems ready for the race even if I'm not quite there yet.

2 days till the ROAD TRIP!!

No comments: