Friday, July 11, 2008

Buy me drinks and call me Kate


Holy crap, it's Friday and I haven't blogged in about 3 days. I'll let the pictures tell part of the story and come clean with some of the rest (as if the photos aren't enough). Let's just say the "New Chapter" of my life happening this summer now has more footnotes, one of which is that some new cool people in my life have verified my lifelong belief that my name doesn't suit me...and now are calling me "Kate." I wish they had been my pals when I was about 7 years old so I'd have a better chance of adjusting ("Hey KATE?" "Huh? Me?"). Not sure it's going to fly, but I certainly appreciate the gesture and the idea of having a name that isn't for people only over the age of 70 is definitely attractive.
Exhibit A is the picture above from a mid-week happy hour that started in the sun at Linda's and got later and later and happier and happier...Toward the end of the evening, we met this guy from Boston at Purr and somehow, before I knew it, he and I had switched shirts. I'm crediting HH (see below at an earlier time the same day looking quite innocent) with this transaction as I'm pretty sure she negotiated it. Bottom line was that I got a great deal...the shirt I scored is WAY nicer than the old long sleeved T-shirt he left in.

While I was talking with shirt-swap guy, Kamala and HH took a zillion photos of themselves...am I hanging out with girls who have good smiles or what??

Needless to say, the 8-mile run that happened the day after this evening was not my strongest, but it was more than worth it...

In between a lot of sun and running around having way too much fun all week, I did get in all the workouts...and even one extra bike ride.

Quick re-cap:

Wednesday was a super fun mellow lake swim with Tatyana and HH...Heather is kicking ass and veering towards Mercer Island way less often now in the lake. That day I also got in a nice solo hour-ish bike ride to Seward Park and back.

Thursday was the hangover run...which was actually respectable (avg. 9 min pace) for having had beer for dinner the night before. Thursday afternoon I also got to ride with a pro racer, Monique Hanley, who is on Team Type 1 and in town from Austrailia...very cool and an extra hour on the bike in the sun during work hours...SWEET!

Today was a fantastic swim in the lake...the sunrise and the mountain were so pretty when I got to the beach that I was jumping up and down! Then the usual coffee and toast at the Essential...got in weights later in the day today.

This could possibly be the best summer Kate has ever had!!

No comments: