Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Blog catch up

I've been a total blogger slacker this week...I've gotten in the training, but have been playing outside a lot, and just haven't had the time to update the records. Or sleep. But who cares...you can sleep when you're dead, right? My equation of late = Fun + summer > sleep. The weather has been stellar and is making me really really happy, although there were a couple of days/nights when the Shoebox was renamed the Easy Bake Oven.

OK, backtracking...Monday was a very necessary recovery day after Pride weekend, but I did get in an easy nice bike ride of 28 miles...from the shoebox, out around Mercer Island and back.

Yesterday was the (finally!) first morning lake swim of the summer...there's no masters swim team this week, so we're doing more lake swims till we return to the pool next week...works for me! Julie, Duncan, Doc, and I had a choppy bouncy swim to the tennis club and back...both Julie and I ingested a good bit of the lake, but it was still a good swim. Later in the day, I got in a 4 mile run...on pretty much zero energy and sleep, it was a total slog on fumes, but I made it...fortunately, this week is a bit of a recovery week after the Lake Padden race and thank god, there's no speed work for a couple more days. Last night, I was back at the lake with Heather and Chase to give moral support to Heather who was doing a short swim to test drive her wetsuit before her race in Elma on July 4th...

Today I had a meeting in Redmond and a window of opportunity, so I met Heather ('nother Heather, aka HH henceforth) at Marymoor for a fun chatty 22-mile ride around Lake Sammamish. With a couple of miles to go, HH asked for clarification on the distances involved in a Half Ironman and the date for Troika and promptly declared, "I want to do it..." I have complete confidence that she will do the race, it'll just require a few swim lessons and a wetsuit...and maybe a brick just for the heck of it. God knows, if there's a pink wetsuit on this planet, HH will own it by next week...and there will be a pink tri suit underneath, I'm sure of that, too. Good times!!

No comments: