Friday, July 04, 2008

July 4

Today started with a good swim in the Lake with Duncan at 6:00 a.m. I needed to get in an early swim and Duncan was the only other person interested in swimming that early on the holiday Thanks, D-man!). The water was a bit choppy again, so we went roundtrip to the tennis club and called it good.

I hurried home and showered quick after the swim and headed south to cheer for Heather in her first tri of the season down in Elma.



Here's a shot of Heather & Chase. Heather and her pals, Effie & Veronica, did this race as a warmup/training race for Danskin and they all did great (despite the fact that the race was so poorly organized and presented that I was beside myself). I had a great time supporting them and hanging out with Heather's family, including a great lunch after the race in her mom's amazing kitchen in Montesano...good fun.
After the race, I started heading north and stopped by Stacy & Wendy's where I got to see the boys and Stacy's brand new shiny motorcycle...How cute are these guys???


I also stopped by a big 'ol girls' BBQ on my way home, checked on the biting cat (I decided to feed the little varmint afterall) and will get to hang out with HH later when she gets done with work...Good busy holiday!



























No comments: