Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday...no clever title available

This is the end of the first 5-day work week in a while...where did all those holidays go already? The hardest "work" of the week, however, hasn't been in the office or the gym, and it's been a pretty extensive butt-kicking, for sure. The workouts have served to keep me going, as always, and having a new color coded schedule is a nice stable base to work from. I threw in a non-scheduled session or 2 this week to move something at the same time my mind was spinning around.

Yesterday was a 45ish minute spin on the bike trainer and a 30 minute hamster (+ plyometrics as we didn't do those at the Wed. night weights group, where I was humbled by my non-firing core muscles, a sidebar I'd rather not go into at this time, thankyewverymuch).

Today was a good hard swim (main set was 20 x 50's with various paces/speeds throughout and I must say that I led the lane and kept 3 different rotating send-offs on track flawlessly, impressing my lane-mates). I also lifted weights at lunchtime, which brought a nice escape into the ipod and the gym.

Weekend training plan is undefined...could be skiing, could be biking, could be both...depends on weather, mood, and my ski buddy, Cara's transportation plan to go to Hyak.

No comments: