Friday, January 25, 2008

Won't you be my neighbor?

So...yesterday evening there was a typed note under my door from the unnamed "neighbor" who lives below me. Apparently, my bike trainer is "loud and the vibrations are disturbing..." and I was asked to only use it after 8:00 a.m. I thought they MUST be kidding until I re-read my lease and realized that there are quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. CRAP, they've got me. My mission of the day is to find and buy a mat that will help muffle the vibration and noise so I can test drive it tomorrow after 8:00 a.m....and I have mentally composed an apology note to be delivered this evening. Apartment livin'...sigh.

I had a good swim this morning and a really good run at lunch. The hip felt good and the weather was sunny and brisk (again the weather gets this adjective, not me), so I stretched it out to 5.6 miles and went out and back into Interlaken since I love that road. I guess I'll know tomorrow by the hip soreness factor if I made a bad decision or not in going longer, but I really want to return to the land of the living soon and be back to running normal distances. Got in my plyometrics, too, after the run. I didn't feel like I was pushing it to tempo pace, but my HR was on the high side.

Run:
5.6 miles
50:00 minutes
Avg HR: 154

No comments: