Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow false alarm

The predicted snow day for today turned into a regular 'ol day of Seattle winter rain...dangit. I heard the rain all night and hoped it'd turn to snow, but nope, didn't happen. Got up with the alarm and the news and onto the bike.

My quads have a slight hangover from the stairs yesterday as predicted, but not too awful...they were able to pedal. I oiled my bike chain last night and double-layered the heavy rubber mat with the hope of not pissing off my neighbor with this morning's ride on the trainer. I had my phone by the bike, too, just in case I had to field a complaint. But...the phone didn't ring and I didn't hear any broom handles knocking through their ceiling/my floor...so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if there are any more anonymous typed notes under my door or on the mailbox later.

The bike workout wasn't particularly inspired, but it was OK. Will also get in weights today.

Bike Trainer workout:

5 x 3 min hard (HR to 150ish) with 1:30 recovery after each
4x 1 min hard/1 min recovery

Total:
1:00:00
Avg HR = 136

No comments: