Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So much for the mat

Well, I heard from the apartment dweller below me and the mat has helped with the noise/vibration created by my bike trainer, but not enough to be acceptable...another (more nice in tone this time) typed note was delivered last night with an allowance from her to train at 7:30 a.m. instead of only after 8:00 a.m. (not much help). Fortunately, the latest formal little typed note also announced that she will be moving out at the end of February...so hopefully, a deaf and/or early riser type person will inhabit that space starting in March and I will just have to "punt" for February. Sigh. I had a meeting with the head guy at Seattle Multisport yesterday, Tim, and he offered me a free test drive of a Computrainer class next week, so that'll get me started and may give an alternative to my "bad neighbor Tuesdays..."

Had a good swim this morning. It was Jenny's birthday, so she made up the workout for the whole team and most of us liked it better and got in more yards than usual. My training schedule said "optional bike" today, too, and I thought I'd go to spin class at noon. Well, that was until I had a staff meeting that went almost till noon and until I also realized that I forgot my bike shoes, my HR monitor, and Nuun (hello, midlife crisis indicator, the "details girl" lost a few)...so I did a pretty uninspired (and un heartrate monitored) 30 minute hamster workout.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...it's a run day and I'm hoping/planning to try for a 6-miler.

No comments: