Monday, January 14, 2008

Rest Schmest

The weather was gorgeous yesterday and my mental/emotional disposition required activity and fresh air, so I ditched having a rest day this week. I went for a really nice sunny bike ride around Mercer Island...first time outdoors since New Year's Day and I wasn't cold. Sweet. Despite being sore from skiing on Saturday (adductors and quads from snow-plowing on the descent, I'm pretty sure), I felt good on the bike.

I started out the week today with a good swim workout (main set was 16 x 100's and Mackenzie was leading and kicking our butts). I also got in my 4-mile run at lunch with the prescribed hills added...did 2 hill repeats pretty hard on the .25 mile hill at the middle of the Howe St. stairs (i.e. Broadway from Miller back up to the stairs), plus another hill and a set of stairs. Felt really good while running and I was wishing (as usual) that I was allowed to run longer...but now my hip is tight and I guess holding it to 4 miles was the responsible (augh, I hate being responsible) thing to do.

Sunday ride:
28.6 miles
1:54
Avg HR = 126
Avg speed = 15 mph

Monday swim: 3050 yards

Monday run:
4.o miles
37:38
Avg HR = 148 (165 high)

No comments: