Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Got to work on the new training plan today with a Monday double. Swim team was good as always and the lane was crowded again with 5 of us paddling away... we're in the wall lane this month so we can smack hands with the big guys in the next lane swimming one way and with the brick wall swimming the other direction :( Who ever said swimming isn't a contact sport? But the workout was fun, nonetheless, and I got in my regular 3,000 yards.

At lunch I went for an outdoor run...grabbed the wrong gadget so I didn't have my GPS with the good HR monitor, but did have the stopwatch and I know my route is just about 4 miles. I was supposed to test out the hip with a few 1-minute surge intervals during the run, so I did 5 of them...one was up the hill where I did pre-Ironman hill repeats last summer. I'd been feeling my hip this morning a bit, but felt really good on the run...will see how stiff I am tonight and tomorrow and might throw some ibuprofen at the problem if necessary. The PT put a new, higher lift in the heel of one shoe last week so I'm test driving it to see if it helps.

4 mile run: 37 minutes.

No comments: