Saturday, January 26, 2008

Spinnin' Saturday

Today I facilitated a small exodus from Seattle to warmer places by doing 2 shuttles to Sea Tac airport, the first to take Michele & Cathie to their flight to Mexico, and the 2nd to take Dave for an escape to southern Cal. In between the shuttling, I wished I'd gone somewhere sunny and warmer myself as I did a long butt-chapping (sorry, "tmi," but it's true) workout on the bike trainer. I considered braving the elements for an outdoor ride, but it was about 31 degrees when I needed to start my workout, and the forecast included a rain/snow mix within a few hours, so I opted for the indoor deal. I tried out my new expensive mat under the trainer (waiting for feedback from the downstairs neighbor on whether sound and vibration were sufficiently muffled) and watched last night's taped "Friday Night Lights" and 3+ episodes of "The Office" I rented last night. The workout was supposed to be 3 hours...which seemed like an eternity all week as I saw it coming my way on the calendar. However, eternity was reached at 2:35 when boredom, hunger, and my butt decided it was enough (plus, I remembered Julie & Duncan telling me yesterday that Duncan's formula for indoor cycling is that indoor = 2x outdoor and I LIKE that formula a lot!). So yeah, I caved at 2:35 which, I'm pretty sure, is my longest workout on the bike trainer ever.



After the 2nd airport shuttle, I took Ja'Nararah to the women's basketball game at UW where I found myself tilting my head back from time to time and taking little mini naps, despite the loudness of the band, our friends John & Judy being there, and the game going on... We stayed afterwards so Ja'Narah could get her basketball autographed by the entire Husky team....then she wanted to go to Jamba Juice (brrr, not me, but of course we went)...then I finally hit Safeway for some stuff to make for dinner and happily was in for the night at 6 p.m. How do weekend days end up being at least as busy and exhausting as work days??



Tomorrow is a rest day...shew.



Bike trainer workout:



2:35

Avg HR = 131

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvG1i1RmWhs&feature=related