Friday, May 02, 2008

The $10 loaf of bread

My mom used to have a saying about "The $10 loaf of bread," which was basically the experience of going to the grocery store for a loaf of bread, but ending up with a whole bag of stuff...obviously, the $10 figure is a little outdated as now the loaf itself would be almost that much, but you get the idea. Anyway, I think I've one-upped the $10 loaf of bread with an $1,100 oil change at the Toyota dealer. I took my car in yesterday for an oil change and got it back today with a new timing belt, water pump, radiator hoses...and a list of several more things that should eventually get done, too, but were not mission critical. Holy crap! Then, of course, the car was almost empty and I had to go right to the Chevron to throw $45 more at gas to feed it. Fortunately, I have another TDC/Chipotle thing for dinner tonight and will eat free burritos for the 3rd night in a row!

Clearly, the pain that Toyota inflicted on my cash reserves was far greater than the swim workout this morning, although Emily did throw out a set of 10 x 125's that kicked our butts. We had 4 people in the lane today and it was a really good swim. I also got in a walk to work and the usual Friday weights. Feels like Friday and I'm hoping to rally for tomorrow's long ride/brick if the weather is decent.

No comments: