Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Had to throw up the white flag...

Well, the weekend finally caught up with me yesterday...I got up and went to swim team where I was fortunate to have my own lane and the coach was still out of town. I did a moderate workout, but just didn't have it to push much. I thought maybe I'd get in a second workout later in the day, but as the day went on, I just felt more and more wiped and the thought of my running shoes and/or my bike made me crave the fetal position. I'd returned a truck from TDC in the morning, so I was downtown without my car...usually, this would have made me quite happy as I'd have had a nice walk home. Yesterday, however, I located a bus schedule to get home as I couldn't even mobilize myself to walk up the hill...I threw up the white flag and asked the coach for a one-day raincheck on the hill repeat run yesterday. She relented and told me to do a more aerobic fartlek run today and skip the hard hill repeats. What a beautiful word, aerobic...

After a good night's sleep, I felt much better this morning and went out into the rain for a nice early morning run. Still sunburned from the weekend and 3 days from a trip to Hawaii, I had no complaints about the fact that it was pouring. At this point I'm so far in the bonus, who cares!!?? I went down into Interlaken and it was nice to be under the tree cover and hear the rain...I did a few small 1-minute surges and threw in 5 extra short hills, plus the .5 mile climb back up Interlaken, but kept it mostly aerobic (HR in the 150's, but not much and not for long).

I plan to get in the weight room later today and possibly do an easy spin on the trainer or outdoors if the rain stops.

5.75 mile run
51:39
Avg HR = 142
Max HR = 159

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz.
Hope you found my e-mail. Sounds from this post that Hawaii is this weekend. Hope you can 'keep it loose, keep it tight.' : )
I'm off to Boston this weekend for a wedding and to visit Dad's family. I'll be eager to catch up on your blog upon my return home.
love, Liz+