Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2 days till palm trees

2 days till Alooooohhhhaaaahhhh! I can already see those palm trees and am daydreaming about eating dinner outdoors in shorts and not being cold. I'm also looking forward to the taper next week and sitting by a pool or on a beach with the next book club book that I have yet to start. Still a bit tired and wanting to relax a bit and let the training catch up.

I got in weights and an hour-ish ride yesterday to Seward Park and back...didn't break any speed records, but got it done.

Today started with swim team and a nice coffee klatch with Tatyana afterwards. Then I went on an errand festival around the east side wrapping up loose ends from TDC,which included picking up those 3 abandoned signs I noticed near Monroe on my ride on Sunday. Today, however, it was dumping rain and I got soaked each time I hopped out of the car to grab a sign and throw it in the back of my car. Again, I was thankful that the weather was stellar when those signs were necessary...

Later this afternoon, it was a little less rainy, but I still opted for the bike trainer. My legs weren't sure they wanted to pedal and I figured I could get more quality in less time here in the Shoebox and, if I gave up, I wouldn't be out there somewhere limping home. Fortunately, I had a tape of last week's Grey's Anatomy and, with fast forwarding through commercials, it helped me last 45 minutes. It was supposed to be an interval ride and I did 5 x 2 minutes hard/1 minute easy in the middle of all the surgeries and hookups in the show.

As I put my indoor bike and the trainer away, I had the very nice thought that I won't be biking indoors for at least a couple of weeks...did I mention I'm going to Hawaii day after tomorrow????

3000 yard swim

45 minute bike trainer:
5x 2 min hard/1 min recovery
Avg HR = 131
Max HR = 152

No comments: