Thursday, May 29, 2008

2 days to race day...

Well, it appears that this race is really going to happen soon (whether we all want it to or not!!). Yesterday we hit the little retail swag area where Julie and I bought some really cool fleece jackets (buying fleece in Hawaii = really wierd).

Today is registration and check in of the T2 bag (buh-bye running shoes)...tomorrow is bike/helmet check in and the mandatory race meeting at 3:00. Also, tomorrow I will taper my happy hour behavior from the usual 2 drinks at daily happy hour to 1 beer since it'll be the night before the race. Oh, the sacrifices we make.

Today I did my last short workout...a 30 minute easy run. I felt pretty good and the HR wasn't as high as the other runs I've done here...hoping I might be getting a little bit used to the climate (as if). Anyway, it felt good and a pretty minimal effort...taper on.

The rest of today will be a little sight seeing, more sun worshipping, and picking up my race packet...oh, and happy hour of course!!

30 min run
3.4 miles
143 Avg HR

6 comments:

Karin said...

Hey Ruth Honey! Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. You are going to kick some tail out there!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! NICE MUSCLES on the happy hour picture. :) Have fun.

Anonymous said...

If you hit a hard spot say out loud, I'm having a bit of trouble in HAWAII. Have a great time and enjoy taking all that strength and ability and training out to play on Saturday. Tatyana

Anonymous said...

You've put all this "money in the bank" (your training) and it's earned interest, now during the race all you do is withdraw it. You're a strong woman. Race well.

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your race day, Ruth! Enjoy every stroke, pedal and step - and your strong, healthy self. :) RS

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz!
I just found the website for the race. When I wake up tomorrow morning I'll log on to see how you're doing.
love,
Liz+