Monday, May 05, 2008

Half Marathon week

Had a good rest day yesterday...and a few extra helpings of wine last night, oops. But I was up before the alarm and ready to start sweating it off in the pool...I had a good swim and, apparently, Savingnon Blanc can be converted to fuel (who knew?).

I was out buying first aid supplies for the Tour de Cure rest stops this morning and had the opportunity to swing by Greenlake to do my interval run on the way back to the office. It's kind of a taper week since I have the Kirkland Half Marathon this coming Sunday, so the coach (aka "No Mercy Marek") backed off a little and didn't assign a super killer workout this week...just garden variety hard. It was 5 x 2 minutes hard/2 minutes recovery and I did them around the outer loop of Greenlake. It was perfect out, about 60 degrees and sunny...and I did my lunges and planks in the grass afterwards. I hit each interval really consistently and jogged (didn't walk at all) each recovery.

Good Monday!

Swim: 3,100 yards

Interval Run:

1 mile warm up: 8:30

5 x 2 minutes hard/ 2 minutes jogging recovery

Each interval was .29 or .30 with Avg HR of 156-160 and max of about 165
Each recovery was .21 with Avg HR of 146-149

.7 mile cool down: 6:21

Total: 4 miles
32:52
Overall Avg HR = 142

No comments: