Monday, May 26, 2008

Think I can swim with Tic-Tacs?

The week of Hawaiian paradise and tapering continues...yesterday was a fun, mellow day...I went for a walk, did a short weights workout in the condo mini-gym, and swam a whopping 20 minutes at Hapuna beach in the afternoon. By the time Seujan and I went to the beach, it was afternoon and a bit choppy, so I decided 20 minutes of bouncing around with the fish was enough. The water is as clear--and almost the same color---as a swimming pool, just gorgeous. The only thing I'm not so thrilled about with the swim is the gross salty-mouth situation...I really prefer open water swimming in fresh water. I was wondering yesterday if I could possibly do the swim on Saturday with tic tacs in my mouth...might try to experiment with that one before Saturday.

This morning I woke up before 5:30 again (crashed by 8:30 last night), and went out to do my interval run right away. It wasn't that hot yet, but definitely humid and my HR was pretty high. The first few intervals were OK, but by the last 2, I was glad there was nothing in my stomach as I think I'd have tossed it. Nice to have it out of the way...perhaps a swim later, but not much else on the vacation schedule...yea!

Run:

1 mile warm up (9:00, avg HR = 150)
5 x 2 minutes hard/2 minutes recovery (HR up to 176 max, Avg 158-166 on hard ones)
1 mile cool down (8:46, Avg HR = 159)

Total: 4.25 miles
36:47

No comments: