Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Taper on...

Mellowing into the taper week quite nicely now...yesterday was my last bike ride with a little speedwork followed by some more "acclimating" (aka butt in the beach chair on Hapuna beach with a magazine)...and I've sampled many Hawaiian beers at the daily happy hour.

This morning, I went to Hapuna for an early morning swim...I was so early that the gate to the parking lot was still locked and I had to sneak in. I saw a couple of other people along the beach, but pretty much had the place to myself for a nice sunrise swim...water was calm and perfect. I tried swimming with some cinnamon gum and trying not to get too much salt water in my mouth, but it didn't really help much and my tongue still felt a bit swollen and gross by the end of a 30 minute swim. Oh, well...all things considered, it's not a high price to pay!!

The rest of today's planned activities include hitting the start of the Expo for retail-o-rama and possibly group Henna tatoos in town...and, of course, more vitamin D production. Aloooohhhaahh.

No comments: