Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ravenna Park run

Only about 13 hours until liftoff for Hawaii...not that I'm counting or anything...

Today's long run was (only?) 8 miles. I went out early this morning and created a route that ended up being exactly 8.0 miles...nice. I drove down the hill and started at Boyer and ran around Portage Bay, along the BG trail past UW, and circled through the Ravenna Park trail and back. That trail is so great...and it was very cool and green...I tried to soak up some of the shady coolness and store it up at least mentally for the race course in Kona. I felt pretty good up to about 6 miles and then slowed down a bit the last 2. Later in the day, I was really tired again and it kind of felt like I'd have run a lot longer than I did. Dragged myself through a light weights workout in the afternoon, but it was very under-inspired.

It is SO time for vacation!

8 mile run
1:11:00
Avg HR = 143

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT vacation! ENJOY the time. :)have fun on the race.

Anonymous said...

Have fun - and enjoy the (tropical) fruits of all your hard training AND a successful Tour de Cure. You rock!