Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wed. hill repeats

I didn't swim this morning...Cascade's bike-to-work breakfast was this morning and I didn't want to cut a swim short, so I moved today's swim to tomorrow. I must admit that I was totally lame and drove down the hill with my bike in my car (!) and then walked a few blocks over to the breakfast. It was a fun event, as usual.

I went out on my bike at lunch to do my prescribed hill repeats. Since it was the only exercise of the day and I knew I'd be at work late, I added some extra miles after I did 5x hills up and down Interlaken and got in about 22 miles. I had been feeling sluggish all morning (let's see, pizza for dinner last night at book club and then the heavy breakfast this morning, plus a bit of work stress...no wonder), so I really needed to get some fresh air and pedal for a while. I felt much better after getting out for a while and moving and ended up staying at work until almost 7:00 p.m. (a workday length usually against my religion) and was really glad I took the long lunch ride earlier.

22.5 mile bike:

3ish mile warm up

5 x Interlaken Hill (.6 mile)
All were between 3:02-3:07 and avg HR of about 146 (157 max)
2ish minute recovery

14 mile ride

Total
22.5 miles
1:38
Avg pace 13.8

No comments: